Hemp is increasingly being used in cosmetics and supplements, where it is recognized for its capacity to help manage stress, boost healthy immunological function, ease hurting joints, and more. (As a matter of fact, it has its national holiday!)
If the science-backed advantages of hemp have piqued your interest, but you’re not sure where to begin adding the product into your routine, you’ve come to the perfect spot.
The difference between Hemp Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, and CBD Oil Explained
People frequently confuse hemp seed oil and hemp oil (also known as hemp oil extract) with CBD, but there are a few important distinctions.
All are Cannabis family members, however, they come from distinct portions of the Cannabis plant: Hemp seed oil is made from the plant’s seeds and does not contain CBD.
Hemp oil may be extracted from every part of the plant save the roots, and CBD can be extracted from any part of the plant except the roots and seed.
“The entourage effect defines a total that is larger than the sum of its parts,” says Jessica Knox, M.D., MPH, a preventative medicine physician and co-founder of the American Cannabinoid Clinics. “We know that phytocannabinoids are more effective and tolerated when taken in conjunction with their co-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and other phytochemicals than when taken alone.”
Let’s take a look at how we can effectively use Hemp oil and Hemp Seed Oil.
How to use Hemp oil effectively?
- Using it as a Daily Supplement: Hemp oil supplements may be beneficial if you’re seeking a natural stress reliever. A 2011 clinical review research discovered that oral dosages of cannabinoids particularly have been demonstrated to help regulate emotions of stress and anxiety, while a 2004 neuroimaging study discovered that they boosted activity in the brain area involved with stress resolution.
Look for a full-spectrum supplement (either a dropper or a gelcap) and follow the dosage directions on the packaging.
Because stress is the core cause of many illnesses, it is critical to keep it under control. in a nutshell, stress is one of the root causes of any individual’s downfall.
- A Gentle Massage to your Aching Muscles: It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a pro athlete—a decent workout may leave your muscles feeling excruciatingly uncomfortable.
This sort of stress might cause your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) to inhibit the development of CBD receptors, however, to combat this issue, Hemp Oil might be one of the best options you can go for.
- Using it as a Supplement: Because hemp oils include cannabinoids such as CBD and CBN, as well as terpenes, their antioxidant characteristics aid in the maintenance of a glowing complexion.
Furthermore, studies demonstrate that cannabis aid acne-prone people control their oil production and promote better skin. By taking an oral supplement or using hemp-infused cosmetic products topically, you may include hemp oil into your skincare regimen.
- Using it as an Elixir for your everyday issues: Those who routinely encounter stress symptoms may struggle to obtain a decent night’s sleep. Up to 40 million Individuals in the UK suffer from a persistent sleep issue known as insomnia.
At this moment, it is unknown whether hemp oil may assist with insomnia, but research indicates that it may be able to aid with short-term sleep issues by reducing tension and discomfort, making it easier to relax and go asleep.
For snoozing support and lovely dreams, try taking a full-spectrum hemp oil dose before bed.
Hemp Seed Oil, How can you put it to good use?
- Using it for Reinforcing Your Scalp Health: When used orally, hemp seed oil is abundant in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which enhance hair density and protect against hair loss. If you have dandruff, a preliminary study indicates that using hemp seed oil topically improves the skin and makes it more resistant to germs and infections.
Begin by massaging a few drops into the scalp, or create a DIY mask by combining hemp seed oil with other ingredients such as coconut or avocado oil.
- Using it as a Hair Oil for Proper Hair Growth: The omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids included in hemp seed oil have also been demonstrated to boost hair growth. To gain these advantages, you might take a hemp oil supplement or experiment with hemp-oil-infused hair products such as shampoos and hair sprays.
- Stronger and Beautiful Cuticles Guaranteed: Hemp seed oil is a wonderful complement to DIY salon treatments due to its antifungal qualities. To promote nail strength and stimulate development, apply the oil straight to your nails and cuticles.
There are several applications for hemp products, and the only way to find out what works for you is to try it!