Hemp seeds have amazing health benefits including the ability to help with weight loss. They are a great source of nutrition and can transform your body for good.
The nutritional benefits extend far and wide compared to the tiny little size of the seeds sometimes referred to as hemp hearts. Hemp contains the longest and most durable natural fibre that helps digestion and improves your metabolism.
Let’s explain how hemp seeds can help you shed weight:
1. Hemp seeds build muscle mass
Hemp seeds are an excellent source of protein as they contain nine essential amino acids. Therefore, your man-made phoney protein powder and add three tablespoons of raw hemp to your smoothie instead which is healthier for you and our planet
2. Boosts your metabolism and aids weight loss
A study, published in the Journal of Nutrition stated that fish oil along with a high-fat diet considerably reduced weight compared to a high-fat diet without fish oil. It also increased the metabolism in the intestine.
Though the study was based on fish oil, it also applies for hemp oil extracted from the hemp seed as it possess similar nutrient values that are responsible for making fish oil so healthy.
3. Provides the good fats that your body requires
Hemp seeds are rich in essential fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is an omega-3. It maintains the required balance between omega-6 and omega-3s in the body. Moreover, they have very negligible saturated fats and contain no trans fats. Amazing, isn’t it?
4. Great for those who are on a keto diet
In three tablespoons serving of hemp seeds, there are just two grams of carbs. The mild, nutty flavour makes it really tastier to add to your oatmeal or toasts.
For dieters cutting on a carbs-free diet, hemp seeds are perfect – all the nutrition with no down side.
Here are simple ways to incorporate these tiny brown seeds in your everyday diet:
- Sprinkle seeds over cereal or yogurt
- Grind the seeds and give your smoothies the amazing taste
- Make hemp milk at home using whole seeds, water, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Blend together all the ingredients and the product is a dense and rich hemp milk.
- Use hemp seed oil to make salads
- You can consume them raw as well. You’ll absolutely love the crunch
Now, make the most of these tiny seeds and reap their weight loss benefits as soon as you can.