Hemp Milk is arguably the healthiest plant-based milk available! So it surely deserves some love in the Kind Earth Kitchen.
I’m not one for overcomplicating things, so my method for creating hemp milk is rather simple.
You can manufacture it in a matter of minutes – period.
Hemp milk may be made in a variety of ways. I use shelled hemp seeds for convenience and quickness (also known as hemp seed hearts). This means I can rapidly mix them without having to strain them.
If you don’t strain it, you’ll get some silt sinking to the bottom (after a while), but that’s all part of the pleasure and deliciousness. If I’m using hemp seed hearts, I never strain my plant-based milk.
If you use the complete hemp seeds with the shells on, your hemp milk WILL NEED TO BE STRAINED.
This recipe calls for shelled and hulled hemp seeds. If you use entire hemp seeds (with the shells/hulls still on), you will need to strain it; otherwise, the sediment will be too coarse.
To strain it, use a cheesecloth, muslin, or a specially manufactured nut milk bag and squeeze.
Hemp has a nutty flavor to it. If you aren’t immediately drawn to it, give it a chance since it can grow on you. Many individuals I know adore it and say they couldn’t live without it today! I add a little coconut sugar and vanilla extract to this recipe to make the entire hemp milk experience dance and sing.
If you like, you may prepare it simple (just hemp and water).
Health Benefits Of Organic Hemp Seeds
It must be said… Hemp is one of the most incredible plant meals on the earth! Hemp has one of the most comprehensive protein profiles in the plant food kingdom, making it a protein powerhouse.
It has a fantastic combination of necessary fats, including omega 3 (essential fats are important to consume in your diet for good health). It’s great for skin health, cholesterol levels, and it’s very strong in antioxidants.
Acquiring Your Shelled Organic Hemp Seeds
Hemp seeds may be found at any excellent health food store (in most countries). I’m not talking about hemp with high THC levels that make you high… I’m referring to the culinary hemp seeds.
Buying shelled hemp seeds (also known as hemp hearts or hulled hemp seeds) without the crunchy outer shell on them makes it much easier to mix smoothly.
The 2-Minute Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Coconut Sugar
- 500ml (2 cups) spring water
- 100g (1/2 cup) shelled organic hemp seeds
- To mix, combine all of the ingredients in a jug.
- Blend for approximately a minute, or until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Fill a big jar or bottle halfway with hemp milk.
- Place it in the refrigerator to cool before serving (it tastes best chilled).
- The hemp seeds will still settle and cause some sedimentation. This is all quite healthy.
- If you don’t want the sediment or if you used entirely unshelled hemp seeds, you’ll need to strain it using a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
- Before usage, give it a swirl and jiggle.
- And that’s all about it, Enjoy your handmade Hemp Milk!